Question Will we ever have accurate WXR with TrueSky?

CPTAlp

Hello. This is a genuine question as I'm wondering. Will we ever get proper WXR on the P3D v5.x (or higher version in the future...) with magenta turbulences, PWS or Lightning areas etc.? Right now, and this is without using TrueSky Volumetric Clouds as WXR don't even work with it at all, we get some colors like green, orange, red and thats it, which is far from reality.

Thanks
Alp

damian

Developer
Staff member
Who are you asking? I'm not sure that anyone from our side can answer that question. We certainly hope the answer is yes, though.

CPTAlp

Hello Damian!

It was towards HiFi but I'm also interested in hearing others opinions on this too. It's been more than a year and we still dont have an accurate WXR. I feel like Active Sky went back to pre-ASN times to be honest... and I have been using Active Sky since 2012 days.

damian

Developer
Staff member
Thanks for the feedback. We can only work within the capability of the simulator itself which is constantly changing lately, and we are making improvements as best we can to keep up with all that. We do hope that detailed wx radar can be achieved again but not in the simulator/API current state, although there there may be other intermediate steps we can take (and we are working on). You can always disable EA to get the best of everything with legacy clouds today.

CPTAlp

Hello Damian. I really appreciate your and whole team's efforts. Thank you for all these years. Should we pressure LM to make improvements since I feel like we shouldn't go backwards in 2022, especially when the current state of the market?

Regarding WXR, disabling Volumetric Clouds, having "Enhanced Atmospherics" On and using ASCA, how close to the WXR can be to its real life counterpart?

damian

Developer
Staff member
The detailed radar is now working with legacy clouds regardless of EA mode. The visibility effects based on cloud detection in EA mode have been improved significantly in latest builds. There are a few limitations still but we are getting through them, of course work continues as always.

Last edited by a moderator:

CPTAlp

I see, until we have a proper implementation of WXR I guess I would have to stick to legacy clouds. Right now I'm using EA on, VolumetricClouds OFF and ASCA. Only thing for me is the coloring of ASCA clouds as sometimes they do not blend in the with the scenery.

CPTAlp

Hello Damian,

One of our pilots from our VA just messaged me this, he is using ASP3D 8045 with EA on, Volumetric Clouds set to Medium and has a working WXR on FSLabs, how is this possible?

1642846269249.png