Question Wind data from AS

Goshob

Hi,
Here below I would like to ask a question concerning folder usage of AS. I am using ASP4, update 071818 and P3D version 4.3.29.25520
I had purchased A320 professional from Aerosoft recently and am continuously facing impossibility to load winds data in the aircraft. In regards to the above my question is in which folder stated AS writes wind data by default and is there an option to change this folder?
Thank you!

maxam

Testing Team
Hello,

Have you checked with Aerosoft on this, please inquire if there is a Wx request option for the A320 Professional? I have read they were working on Wx specific to route forecast for SP1.

As for which file is used as far as I can recall for example PMDG has a folder Wx in the simulator\PMDG folder where the created Active Sky flight plan sends a route.wx file to the PMDG\Wx file.

So in this case it uses C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Hifi\AS_P3Dv4\Weather\activeflightplanwx.txt is used.

Thank you.

Robert

Senchai

Testing Team 2018
I did not have to change anythig here. All the AS buses from 318 to 321 load the winds perfectly fine.

I'm not sure though if there was a configuration tool that started after the install automatically and where one has to set if AS is used. Can be I mix this up with another plane.

In any way, the winds leading should work. If I can find more I'll add it. Can be I forgot something that was happening at one point, related to setup.

But now I start AS, load a flight plan and start p3d. If I load winds now all is good.

Goshob

Hi,
I checked with Aerosoft. They are reading the wind data from the file, which AS writes in a folder ?:\..\Prepar3D v4\PMDG\WX\. The entire confusion for me came because of 2 reasons:
1. I was not using PMDG aircraft and logically such folder was not created.
2. It is very strange for me to understand what the difference between Weather and Wind data could be?
There is an option in the settings menu of AS where the default folder for the weather data C:\Users\You\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\AS_P3Dv4\Weather\ could be changed. At the same time it was never mentioned that some other data, valid for the winds, are also written on a completely different place.
However, I managed to make the plane work properly now using AS and can honestly admit that you had really done a great job.
Thank you!

Regards: Georgi