Winds Aloft in Beta 11

denalb

Hello,

It looks like Laminar made another change in Beta 11 that breaks winds aloft when using metar.rwx. The good news is that the official version of ASXP 7414 is working fine. Just wanted to report if anyone who is running the ASXP beta and vulkan beta 11 notices the winds are once again non existent above surface levels, revert to the latest official release of ASXP 7414.

OldFlyGuy

XP11b11 with latest ASXP beta working for me re: winds aloft. I think there would be more chatter here if this was a widespread issue. Have you opened a support ticket?

denalb

XP11b11 with latest ASXP beta working for me re: winds aloft. I think there would be more chatter here if this was a widespread issue. Have you opened a support ticket?
Can you verify you are using metar.rwx and not Global Static Depiction Mode? They did provide a fix when the same issue happened in beta 10. If I use global static depiction mode, I have no issues. Would be interesting to see the following screenshots while you are in flight if you can provide to compare settings running on beta 11.

2020-06-18 11_51_40-X-System.jpg2020-06-18 11_51_27-Active Sky for XPlane _ Command Center.jpg2020-06-18 11_51_02-Active Sky for XPlane _ Command Center.jpg

When I run x-plane beta 11 with ASXP B7471, all of those values in the ambient values monitor for Winds and Headwind are N/A instead of numbers.

maxam

Super Moderator
Thanks for the update, hopefully resolved for the next while.

Piotricz

I have no problems with B7471 and Xplane 11.50B11. Works the same as it worked in B10, I have a 70 knot tailwind right now.