Windshear warning and turbulence has no effect on aircraft

The VS of the aircraft does not change at all - windshear has no impact.

Aircraft are any tubeliners such as the A319 and 767.

How can I solve this?

Thanks

maxam

Testing Team
Does the wind shear work in smaller aircraft? Please verify that your wind shear settings have not been changed - ASXP\Options\Wind options\Maximum wind shear

Please uninstall ASXP then download and perform a full install: https://hifisimtech.com/downloads/#ASXP

Please post an ASXP log if the issue is not resolved.

Windshear is on the maximum amount. Here is a log, using the A321, and forcing windshear from the debug menu.

I am also finding in turbulence, with the effect scale at 80%, that the aircraft simply bumps around and the speed does not surge and fall like in real life.

Here is a video example of the aircraft in severe turbulence:

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

maxam

Testing Team
Thank you for providing the information. Will get back to you ASAP.

maxam

Testing Team
Hello,

Just a little follow up. Wind shear should be more of a lateral effect which does induce up and down movements of the aircraft. The next time you receive a wind shear warning and you do not experience the effect please be sure to post more information:

Time (UTC)
METAR from Conditions screen
Location (Airport ICAO)

Hello,

Just a little follow up. Wind shear should be more of a lateral effect which does induce up and down movements of the aircraft. The next time you receive a wind shear warning and you do not experience the effect please be sure to post more information:

Time (UTC)
METAR from Conditions screen
Location (Airport ICAO)
Okay, the issue is even in debug it also does not work.

To add, when the aircraft is in turbulence the speed does not surge or fall at all. The aircraft just gets moved around a bit.

Thanks

Another example of no impact on speed in turbulence:

Mod turbulence, I should have to set the aircraft to turbulence speed. However, there is no impact on the speed.

I'd really appreciate some help on this - I really love ASXP and have recommended it to many people, and am missing the challenge of managing speed surges on turbulent approaches and flights :(

Thanks

OldFlyGuy

Just a little follow up. Wind shear should be more of a lateral effect which does induce up and down movements of the aircraft.
Wind shear as I understand it and have experienced it should result in an airspeed change. It is dangerous on approach as your airspeed is low to begin with. If you experience shear you must react quickly as it is possible to stall. It's not a "comfortable" experience but not similar at all to common turbulence...

An update - turbulence is a lot better in ga aircraft - the XPRealistic Turbulence is triggered by all levels, whilst it does not get triggered. In addition, windshear also works on GA aircraft.

Seems like its an issue with heavy metal tubeliners.

maxam

Testing Team
Hello,

Thank you for the update. I am pretty sure that things will improve once Laminar updates the weather aspect of the simulator. We continue to make improvements all the time.

maxam

Testing Team
Hello,

Not that I know of, if there was it would have been implemented already.

'Severe' turbulence in the 777 - barely any movement of the aircraft itself.

Also got a windshear alert here:
1594570275092.png

Time was 16:11z, 12/07/2020, overhead the D081M waypoint on the VOBL 27R initial approach.

maxam

Testing Team
Hello,

Thank you for checking in with us. There is no news to report at this time.