Resolved X-Plane 11.50 new TCAS problem

akatham

Using the latest (7475) open beta of Active Sky XP, and 11.50 beta 13 of X-Plane.
The map of ASXP only displays one (the nearest) AI-plane, i tried it with the latest Livetraffic and the recently released update of Traffic Global, both which utilize the new TCAS system.
X-Planes G1000 does display the other planes, but in ASXP only one is shown.

Attachments

Chaz

Updated to Beta 7475 to see how the TCAS fix is working: "Fix for traffic add-on/TCAS usage causing crash in as_xconnect module related to recent X-Plane beta 11.50b9 API changes breaking backwards compatibility

In the plug-in menu for xpilot(VATSIM), when I turn off Disable TCAS, Xplane will CTD.

I am using b13. Non-VR. Aircraft SSG E170/195 .

maxam

Super Moderator
Hello,

Please try a complete uninstall/reinstall of ASXP ensuring to remove all saved data and see if the issue still happens. Please post the ASXP log.

Thank you.

Chaz

After a complete uninstall (all data) and reinstall of ASXP, XP still crashes/closes after enabling TCAS with xpilot. Using the latest alpha 1.3.17 for Xpilot.

Update: After some digging around other forums, it appears to be an Xpilot TCAS issue and/or incompatible plug-in . Not ASXP. XP still crashes when enabling TCAS without ASXP enabled. Thanks for the reply though.

Attachments

Last edited:

maxam

Super Moderator
Hello,

Thanks for the update. Hopefully they get the issue resolved soon.

damian

Developer
Staff member
We have posted a new update which should resolve this (B7494). Can you confirm?

Chaz

Coincidentally, I found the cause of the Xpilot TCAS crash. It was another plugin. Reality XP Garmin GPS which has TCAS built in. Disabled that and Xpilot TCAS works with and without ASXP enabled. I have not installed B7494, yet. I'll get back with that soon.