XP, Windows 7 & ASE

ALW

Hello all

I've been trying for a very long time to get ASE working on a client machine. (It worked previously to whatever has gone wrong).

The client machine is Windows XP, the FSX machine Windows 7. When I execute ASE from the desktop shortcut the ASE box appears and attempts to load and shortly
after a message saying can't build the database-make sure file sharing is correct (or words to that effect).
I have shared the three folders on the FSX machine as stated in the instructions but they don't appear on the client machine except the main FSX folder but when I click on this I receive
another message which reads "FSX Main Machine FSX is not accessible. You do not have permission to use this network resource-contact the Administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Access is denied"

So I contacted myself because the PC tells me I'm the administrator but that's as far as it gets. Nothing I do will work. I've trawled the internet, Microsoft help, and some assistance from Hi-Fi but nothing! (They did get it working once before)

I've turned off all the firewalls so I'm at a complete loss as to what to do. Both PCs are seeing each other, in fact FS9 which is still installed on the FSX machine is shared with the client machine.

If anybody can help I would be very, very grateful.

Thank you in advance

Regards

Alan W

ALW

I've moved on a bit but now I receive a message on the client machine after starting ASE which is telling me I need SP1 installed in FSX. I have SP1 and SP2 installed.

Any ideas on this?

Thank you

ALW