Submitted 8005 and Volfog

I also notice when I don't start ActiveSky and set a custom weather in P3D, the visibility gets depicted correctly. When I then start ActiveSky, it pops to unlimited...

Senchai

Testing Team 2018
I have a fog layer in v5.3, but this topic is about the horizon visibility. Looks like 8005 doesn't limit the horizon visibility. The proof is that if you move the slider of "High altitude Volfog horizon distance adjustment" to the far left when you are in cruise, you see that nothing changes (while it changed in v 7900, I did some tests just a few days ago...)
What i mean is this:

I could be wrong but since v5 p3d didnt look like this anymore in vanilla. There was that what you mentioned. Like seen here (this is 5.0 or 5.1, not 100% sure anymore)

Like here. No AS active on that pic.

But now, without any AS involved, it already looks like this

Like said, i could be wrong, but basically everyone ive talked to so far thinks like me, this isnt normal. From P3D v5 perspective.

But i didnt test this very much. Sometimes there are some leftovers when closing AS, so maybe thats the problem.

jgoggi

Yes, exactly, there is no more haze in the distance and the horizon line is a very ugly hard line... We should highlight this in P3D forum! I already wrote, but to date no replies by the developers. It's something that needs a quick fix, can't be like this!