Free Wx Radar gauge for popup or VC integration - x64 P3Dv4 (v5) build

Hello Roland,

Thank you very much for your excellent work creating this gauge. I fly the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 but it only has a dummy wx radar. I asked the question in the Technical forum whether I could utilise Hi-Fi AS16 Wx gauge into the aircraft and was directed to this topic.

It took a few changes to get things working but I now have a working wx radar and I'm delighted. We're so lucky to have people as clever as you. I'm going to write to Xtreme Prototypes and ask them to include a link to your gauge in the AvSim Library on their website. That doesn't appear to break your T&Cs. Would that be okay?

roland_lfor

Hi,

I've rebuild my Radar gauge for the new ASP3D + P3Dv5. It seems to work.
After any range or tilt adjustement, the bitmap looks strange during a sweep pass or 2, but it comes back to normal after that.

For those of you who want to give it a try, here is a direct link (consider it as a Beta as well):

>>>>> Dll Download Link <<<<<<

The link contains only the Dll

RamonB

Here it is in action. At MHRO, real weather.
Using RolasnRadar!ShellRadGauge
RolasnRadar!oRadGauge -> Does not work ATM.
The HiFi XGauge stops working if I close/open or resize its window, but I believe that is a known issue during this Beta.
MHRO HiFi Weather and Rolands Radar 2.JPGMHRO HiFi Weather and Rolands Radar 1.JPG

RamonB

oRadGauge on my system only shows as a black screen. Can see the mouse hand though.
I'm surely doing something wrong, will keep trying.
Cheers.

roland_lfor

oRadGauge on my system only shows as a black screen. Can see the mouse hand though.
I'm surely doing something wrong, will keep trying.
Cheers.
Which aircraft do you try? If you search the long thread on the gauge subject on Avsim you might find the correct declaration.

Last edited:

Stratoboomer

Hi Roland, got it installed in the PC12 and it came on fine..I was flying near LIMN at the moment where there is some rain...it picked it up just fine, but I made a few turns and the radar seemed to freeze. I am not sure if there is a click-spot I may have clicked that could have caused it. I haven't used this gauge in a long time...I am using it in P3D v5 HF1. I was trying to use the click-spots to try all the different settings in the VC gauge only.

for reference:
//--------------------------------------------------------
[Vcockpit04]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$Panel_4

//gauge00=EX500_PC12!EX500_config, 0, 0, 1, 1
//gauge01=EX500_PC12!EX500_3D, 0, 0, 513,409
//gauge02=EX500_PC12!EX500_Update, 0, 0, 1, 1
gauge00=RolASNRadar!ORadGauge, 99, 70, 314, 251, sweep|beam|icing|starton
//gauge03=PC12CAR!ToggleCARG500, 0, 0, 513, 32

Thanks for all your hard work!!

Bruce Leehan

RamonB

I have tried the Carenado Seminole and the Commander 500S.
Also just got an unrelated P3D v5 CTD to the video Card RTX2070 Super, rebooting.
Will search the forums.
Thanks

b744

Hi,

I've build a new DLL (version 3.0) which use the new available option available with ASP3D Beta 4 API: a new processing which includes "Echo Shadow" simulation.

>>> Damian explains a bit this new option here which increases realism.

I have also increased the beam angle up to 120° and the max range to 160 NM.

>>>>> Dll Download Link <<<<<<

The link contains only the Dll
Hi I receive message on weather radar in VC no link

RolASNRadar.dll in gauges folder dated 5th of June this year
Activesky P3D v7514
Prepar3D V4.5 HF3
my panel cfg for FSW Learjet 35A

Background_color = 0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$MV_WXM

gauge00=RolasnRadar!oRadGauge, 00, 00, 512, 361, starton|sweep|beam|icing

stairwell

Hello Roland,

Thank you very much for your excellent work creating this gauge. I fly the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 but it only has a dummy wx radar. I asked the question in the Technical forum whether I could utilise Hi-Fi AS16 Wx gauge into the aircraft and was directed to this topic.

It took a few changes to get things working but I now have a working wx radar and I'm delighted. We're so lucky to have people as clever as you. I'm going to write to Xtreme Prototypes and ask them to include a link to your gauge in the AvSim Library on their website. That doesn't appear to break your T&Cs. Would that be okay?
Hi Ray,
I've just bought the Lear 25 last year and have been looking for a weather radar solution as well.
Would it be possible to provide me with some info on how you integrated the Wx gauge into the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25.
Would really appreciate.

Hi stairwell.,

I could only get a 2D popup panel working. Trying to integrate it into the VC proved behond me. I'm attaching a modified panel. for the Retrofitted Lear. Backup your existing panel.cfg and try this. CTRL+3 will show it lower left in an Off state.

You'll need Roland's 64-bit gauge in the P3Dv5\gauges folder of course.
EDITED to change the folder where the gauge goes.

Attachments

Last edited: