Icing outside from clouds or fog.

Alti

Hello i see significant Icing outside from clouds or fog.
it lets vibrations on Engines increase significant.
thats no Problem for me, to switch on Starter to "Continue" and "Engine Anti Icing On"
but why:
*Icing outside of clouds
*Icing outside of any fog
*Icing in plus temperatures (Celsius)
*ASP3D did not show any icing in "debug" window.
So there should not be icing conditions in the latest Beta?
Did not know if its an EA or an ASP3D Issue.

Prosim 737 goes into red vibrations,
PMDG NGXu increases too, but not into the red.

look at this Video, (its not mine) but i see the same:

Edit: this is only when clouds depicted, with no clouds, i see no icing. also not in cruicelevel.
change the cloud icing slider to the left (50%) stop this icing outside of clouds or fog.
so tis a ADP3D thing?

Last edited:

pertman

IRL icing can occur at any of the conditions you list (depending on how warm the OAT is for your third point).

damian

Developer
Staff member
With Volumetric Clouds+EA, we have no control over the icing accumulation effect/intensity and the debug icing effect won't be relevant. It is handled purely in-sim. With non-volumetric legacy clouds, we handle the icing intensity/accumulation rate based on cloud detection and our own computed icing conditions based on several factors.

In either case, the simulator handles the total accretion computation and relative effect on aircraft performance.

If you are flying between 2C and -30C TAT, in visible moisture (clouds/fog/precipitation), icing is always a possibility. From your post I am not clear if you are reporting icing IN CLOUDS as a problem or icing OUTSIDE of clouds as a problem. But in any case, with volumetric clouds, we have no control of this other than setting the cloud parameters icing intensity value and letting the simulator handle the application.