Another x-plane question

henrimarch

It's been almost a year now and I haven't seen any response. Now FS global weather has come to x-plane and soon the first PMDG aircraft will find its way in x-plane skies.
So is there any news about active sky next for x-plane, I have your product for P3D and love it very much, so I would love to have a version for x-plane.

Piet.

fffirefly

I too would love to have ASN for X-Plane. It's a phenomenal product and I'm not sure what the hold up is. Perhaps it is already very much in the works but they just don't have the man power to push it along as there are still many bugs to work out of ASN, like manual thunderstorms. Bugs that continue to arise due to the rapidly changing figurative landscape. They have already stated they intend to release it for X-Plane so that's all we can ask for. They definitely know there is a market for it so it's just a matter of time! I know one thing for sure, I'm waiting until it is released and not purchasing FSGW or Skymaxx in the interim.

Cheers

damian

Developer
Staff member
Hi Piet, all,

It's definitely in the works. We wish we had it done already but there have been many priorities and unplanned hurdles to keep our small team busy. We will share some official information as soon as we can. I do have to say that the X-Plane API isn't "great" for weather currently and there will be quite a difference from our FSX/P3D depiction implementation, but we are doing our best within the constraints of capability. Thanks for your patience and support!

donoscar

as a happy user of ASN for FSX, slowly migrating to XP, this is one of the few things FSX/P3D are ahead!
me too, i had my credit card ready to go for the competitor's product, but i will be patient in that case, ... don't be too long though, if frustration is high, sometimes i tend to act very spontaneously ;)

DCAPilot

Beta Team Member
Coming in late but just being able to get back to flying after quite some time off and I'll add one more vote for X-Plane products. I've used (and tested) several of HIFI's producs and they are all great! I love the realism and the radar gauge. I've moved to X-Plane and it desperately needs a good weather engine.

deanwings

this is a compliment to the ASN devs. i tried many different weather engines for P3D and x-plane. ASN is a class above in all respects. Yes of course i wish it were available for x-plane but i also understand LR's API for weather injection is a hurdle.

Eagle

Is there Any News On the X-Plane Plug Status? I Believe that ASN and SkyMaxx Pro both together is like nothing else that will be experienced in Xplane and there will be no other choice for us Xplane Flyers,After flying P3D/FSX i have to say that flying in X-plane is just a feel that is just awesome and realistic that i do not feel in P3d/FSX the only thing i really miss is not even my PMDG's but my ASN Weather Engine that is what i really miss and i would love to have in Xplane and im Willing to Test if needed to help the project. and i Know there are many who will be happy to lend a testing hand :) cause there is no other Engine i rather fly with than ASN the only one i trust in my SIm.

Best Regards

xplane123

Any News on Xplane Plug? Pls Release Plug for Xplane :(
I'm hoping we'll hear something at Flightsim Con in a few weeks, but we'll just have to wait and see. If not, I'm sure Damian and team will give us an update when there's is something new to share.

Eagle

I'm hoping we'll hear something at Flightsim Con in a few weeks, but we'll just have to wait and see. If not, I'm sure Damian and team will give us an update when there's is something new to share.
Hope So,I have switched to Xplane but the weather could be better and has alot of potential....

xplane123

Hey Damian, been a while since we've heard anything, but I imagine you're busy with FSX and P3D. Are you able to give us any kind of update (even if it's just a "we are working on it")? I'm looking forward to having Active Sky in X-Plane sometime. Thanks

Tsouks

Hello HiFi,

It's been more than a year with no news :-(
I've moved over to X-plane 11 and it feels really really great. I cannot go back now despite the loads of money spent for addons.
I'm only missing on your great program guys.
Do you have any news, something you would like to share? :eek:

X-plane seems to be the future for simming, especially with the new, easy to use UI. I think it will attract lot's of people who had a difficult time with the previous versions.

rabso

Yah, I have moved to XP11 and it's amazing, just all what I need is AS over there, any news or at least hope?

738Captain

Same here! Moved over to X-Plane 11. I never want to go back to FSX, or any of the FSX based Sims. HiFi is definitely needed in X-Plane 11.

N55211

Agreed. I've purchased several HiFi products for FSX & P3D in the past and have now moved over to XP-11. Would love to purchase your products for X-Plane as well.

henrimarch

I don't think its going to happen, now with P3D going 64 bits, and I think to program the weather in X-Plane with its constantly changing architecture its a big investment to for developers. I have bought enviro, its decent not the standard of active sky, and the developers are struggling to meet their own deadlines.
I agree that x-plane is great, I fly in it more than P3D but some of the addons PMDG, Majestic, A2A I really like in P3D and I don't think they make the move to x-plane (PMDG is very silent about further development)
That's my 2 cents.